Four Jobs You Can Do From Home As A Freelancer
These days, what many people value most at work is flexibility. Being able to set your own hours and to do work from wherever in the world you like is becoming increasingly more valuable to many people in the workforce. And as many traditional jobs are unable to offer those benefits, more and more people are going freelance.
- If that’s something that appeals to you, here are a few jobs that you can do from home…
Of all the professions, it’s probably easiest to be a freelance writer. There are freelance writing jobs available all over the internet, from long term writing jobs such as writing a company blog, or more short term contracts like writing product descriptions on retail websites.
- If you want to be a freelance writer, you first need to practise your skills. If you don’t know whether you should be using ‘their’, ‘they’re’, or ‘there’, it may not be the job for you.
- Likewise, if it takes you a long time to perfect your copy then it may not be a job that you’re going to excel at. But if you’re a pro at churning out quick and accurate pieces according to briefs you’re set, it could be your dream job.
Many companies outsource their transcription needs, so if you’re accurate at typing and you’re good at being patient, it might just be the job for you.
Transcription employment opportunities are available all over the web, from law enforcement teams to legal transcription to medical transcription.
- If you’re not sure what exactly being a transcriptionist entails, it essentially means that you’re a trained typist who listens to audio files and converts them into text files.
- For example, if a journalist has done an interview, they may need a transcriptionist to write down the recorded conversation for them.
If you absolutely love animals, there is no job that could be better for you than dog walking. It’s a lot of responsibility, taking care of some of the most precious members of people’s families, but it’s also necessary: there are a lot of people who work all day but who still have pets, and who want those pets to have a good time when they’re at work.
- If this appeals to you, put up advertisements in your local area and online. A lot of the time, you’ll get clients through word of mouth, so it’s hugely important that you’re reliable and professional, and that you look after those pups as though they’re your own.
If there’s something that you excel at, why not consider becoming an online coach?
It’s a great way to make a real difference in the world and to help other people reach their goals.
There are lots of different types of coaching that you can do, from business coaching to life coaching.
- If you have a certain skill like photography or creative writing, you could also teach that online. You could teach individuals or classes – the possibilities are endless.
Working from home as a freelancer can be just as lucrative as working in an office – but you get to be a whole lot more independent, and have a lot more fun.
© New To HR