Here Are Some Of The Reasons Why Your Site Is Not Getting Enough Traffic
If you are frustrated because you just know that your site isn’t getting enough traffic, then it is important that you do something about this sooner rather than later. If you don’t then you may find that your site suffers and that you lose your ranking too.
The only way for you to get around this would be for you to look into the various reasons why your site might not be getting the leads you need so you can deal with the problem at its source.
Your Content Isn’t Good Enough
Believe it or not, search engines have become very proficient at recognising sites that do not have good content.
- If your content is poor quality and if your site is riddled with errors, then you won’t be getting a high amount of traffic.
Of course, if you have users who come to you from social media then they may also pick up on errors and this can cause you to have a high bounce rate. If you want to get some help writing quality content, then make sure that what you post is unbiased and well-written. You also need to make sure that you satisfy the SEO requirements of both Panda and Penguin. Original content is also a must- so if you are copying and pasting then you have to make sure that you replace any content as soon as possible.
This is a very common mistake and it is one of the many reasons why your site might not be getting enough traffic. You have to remember that there are only 10 places available on the first page, and search engines will be trying to display results that come from the most trusted sites.
If yours isn’t one of them then this could be one of the main reasons why you are not ranking as highly as you could be.
One way for you to get around this would be for you to use long-tail keywords. This will give you the chance to target similar keywords to what you’re doing now, while also making sure that you target ones that increase your chances of being able to rank. If you want some help, then consider hiring SEO services.
Your Site is Slow
Your site speed will have a huge impact on your overall ranking. Studies have shown time and time again that users are far more likely to revisit sites that load up quickly. If you want to solve this problem, then you have to make sure that you remove any large images and that you reduce the amount of information on each page.
- You might also want to do a speed test too. When you do this, you will be able to find out what changes you need to make, and you can also find out how your website speed compares to your competitors.
Panda or Penguin
If you were hit by the Panda or even the Penguin update then you will probably see your traffic drop. You can easily check your Google Analytics report to find out the date that your traffic dropped, and you can then compare that to the updates.
- If your traffic reduction does coincide with them then you know the changes that you need to make.
- If it doesn’t seem to relate then this could be because your site is still young, or because you don’t have enough content. It may also be because you are not using social media to promote your site as you should be.
You Hired the Wrong Firm
A lot of SEO companies out there promise to deliver results and a lot of them do. Sometimes however, there are providers who don’t know as much as they like to claim. If you find a company who promises to get you to the top of Google in a week or if they state that they are going to get you thousands of visitors, then they may be making false claims.
- If you want to stop this from happening, use a reputable firm who have a track record for success.
- You also need to make sure that you hire someone who is experienced, as well as someone who has experience dealing with your site niche.
So there are plenty of ways for you to make the most out of your site and you would be surprised at how easy it is for you to turn things around. By taking the above into account, you can be sure to make the right changes from the get-go.
© New To HR