How To Increase Your Website Traffic
A lot of businesses struggle to find new ways to increase traffic to their website. There’s a lot of misinformation online about how to attract more visitors and sales, which can lead to using the same strategies over and over, and not getting the results. If you want to increase your website traffic, try some of these proven methods.
Perform Keyword Research
Always include relevant keywords in your content. Keywords should be included naturally, and not stuffed into content in a way that makes them detract from the main idea or distract the reader. Use your keywords throughout the content, like the meta description, the page title, the URL, headers, and a few times throughout the piece.
You can use online tools to do keyword research. These tools show you the keywords your competitors are using, how often people search for keywords, how expensive the keyword will be for pay-per-click ads, related keywords, and lots of other useful information. Hiring an SEO agency is an option too. An agency can do some useful audits to find any issues that are stopping your site from appearing in search results.
Create Memorable Content
Don’t just post content. Make sure you create content that is memorable and stands out. Useful and memorable content is one of the best ways to increase website traffic.
People use Google to find specific answers to their answers, and your content needs to provide those answers. Websites that have blog content get a lot more traffic than those that don’t. Sites the publish several posts a month perform even better too.
When you care about the content that you produce, post on a regular basis, and research what your audience might want to see, your web traffic should improve.
Write Guest Posts
Guesting posting for other websites is a good way to get backlinks, increase referral traffic, and increase search engine results page rankings. You need to thoroughly research websites within your industry to pitch.
Look at a website’s existing content to make sure it is high quality, check the domain authority, and see if they have guidelines for guest posting. Ask the publication if they will also promote the post on social media and tag your business.
Keep Active Social Media Pages
Social media can be huge for attracting visitors. You can use it several ways to drive traffic:
- Post content, such as blogs, ebooks, white papers, infographics, and videos, across your social media accounts.
- Interact with your followers by replying to them, sharing their content, and tagging them
- Use relevant hashtags
- Update the link in your bio to promote any new content you have
- Change your cover photo to promote any new content
- Tag influencers who may find your content interesting
- Include interesting information from your content to encourage people to click the link
- Reply to other people looking for answers with links to your content
Use Advertising To Increase Website Traffic
Advertising through paid search, social media, and display ads can be a good way to improve your web traffic. There are upsides and downsides to each option.
For example, users can choose to block display ads, and the average cost per click for Google Ads on the search network is between $1 and $2 per click. Make sure you set a budget and clear goals before you invest much money.
For example, when you are doing pay-per-click adverts, you need to start with one campaign and a few different ad groups that contain the keywords that you want to target most. Once campaigns start, see how your audiences interact with various keywords. One keyword might result in impressions but doesn’t increase website traffic, while another might result in clicks and conversions.
Send Email Newsletters
Promoting your content through your email newsletter is another way to drive traffic. You can integrate your newsletter with your site to gather leads too, using a No-Code Website Builder. Here are a few best practices for email marketing:
- Include intriguing information from your content in the subject line and in the body of the email
- Inset a link or a button that people can click on to read more of the content
- Make sure your emails are mobile-friendly. Links must be easy to see, as a lot of email opens are done on mobile devices
- Use personalization tactics by including the subscriber’s name
- Make sure the email is visually appealing with a well-designed template
- Carry out A/B testing to see which versions of emails get the most opens and clicks
Industry influencers want to share content with their followers that they will love. You can connect with influencers in a few different ways, including:
- Tag them on social media if your price references their content
- Ask the influencer for an interview, then tag or email them when the content has been released. They will likely share this with their audience
- Do a round-up of multiple influencers, such as ‘10 Experts Predict Industry Trends For 2022’, and tag each influence that you mentioned when you promote the post on social media.
- Pay influencers to run sponsored posts or host giveaways on their social media pages
If you’re not sure where to start with influencer marketing, you can hire an agency to help you.
Create A Helpful Industry Tool or Content
Giving your prospects something useful is a good way to get more traffic. For example, you could create a free downloadable template for planning content, or something else relevant to what you do that will help your potential audience.
Create a few different tools and content that could help out other people in your industry, then offer these for free on your website. If you post gated content, by offering it in exchange for the user’s contact information, you can maximize your returns and find some new leads. Another to increase your traffic is to promote this content on relevant forums or LinkedIn groups where people in your industry interact.