6 Key Elements Of An Effective Recruitment Process
When your business is growing, and you want to continue fulfilling your goals and commitments, hiring additional people in your workforce always makes a lot of sense. However, attracting the perfect candidates for the job can be a challenging endeavor, and you need a good recruitment strategy to get things done correctly. Whether you’re a small company or a large one, here are the six key elements of an effective hiring process that can help you find the ideal employees fairly and quickly.
1. Company’s primary goals
It’s essential to determine the reasons why your company needs additional people in the organization. By knowing your company’s core goals, you can figure out how the recruitment process can be implemented to attain such objectives. Below are some reasons why you should start your hiring efforts:
- Adding new skill sets to increase the capability of your organization
- Upgrading top talents in your company
- Turnover solutions
- Business expansion
2. Essential recruitment tools
Typically, looking for suitable candidates and notifying them about openings is one of the essential aspects of an effective recruitment strategy. However, you can’t identify potential candidates without primary sourcing tools in place. It is therefore necessary to use the right sourcing tools that will convince people to apply. Here are some internal and external sources ideal for recruitment:
- Traditional media – Tried and tested over time, this remains to be a convenient means of attracting potential applicants. Posting to newspapers or entertaining walk-ins can go a long way toward hiring the best candidates for your company’s open positions.
- Events – Attending job fairs and other industry events can also help you get a diverse pool of applicants to choose from. Events can also be a great way to know applicants better during the interview.
- Traditional internet sourcing – With today’s technological upgrades, you can use a wide variety of large and niche job boards where you can post your job openings for a fee and gather a list of candidates for hiring.
- Recruitment website – If you want to have a long-term supply of applicants, you can create your own recruitment website using web development frameworks like Ruby on Rails. For instance, you can hire the best ruby developers to handle the creation of your recruitment website. Not only will this attract applicants, it will also give them some form of assurance that you are a legitimate organization.
3. Assessing candidates
Another crucial part of an effective recruitment process is how you assess the candidates. It’s essential to conduct an in-depth, competency-based evaluation to identify the most qualified people for the job. Here are some assessment choices you can consider for your recruitment efforts:
- Academic performance
- Skills tests
- Personality tests
- On-the-job evaluation
For instance, if you want to get high-caliber applicants for a project manager position, you can recommend the use of product manager resumes online as templates or references that will enable your prospective candidates to maximize your assessment process.
4. People responsible for recruiting
Of course, the hiring process isn’t complete without this vital element. Before getting started, be sure to identify the people who’ll be authorized to conduct the recruitment procedure. Typically, the people who handle the recruiting include:
- Employees working in HR
- Line managers
- Corporate recruiters that work internally
Moreover, you can also involve some of your current employees in the selection process. They can help recommend amazing talents, as well as provide their own insights for what kind of people would be most qualified for the job, which the recruiting team can use in determining who can be a great addition to your company.
5. Skills or competencies when choosing candidates
Before hiring an applicant, you should thoroughly consider whether they appropriately fit the job specifications required. If you know the skills set or competencies you’re looking for, you can easily identify which questions to ask about the job. Below is a list of skills you should look for when selecting candidates:
- Personality traits and qualities needed for an applicant
- Technical skills required for the job
- Candidate’s work experiences
- Company-wide competency needs
- Cultural fit
6. Strategies to attract candidates to a job
Even if you’re a well-known company looking for additional people, you may still need to create a primary sales approach to make sure applicants can be sold on a job. In other words, you should think about the right approach that will ensure you get the ideal employee. To attract more people to apply for open positions, consider some strategies below:
- Benefits and compensation
- Promotion opportunities
- Working with a good manager and team
- Remarkable company culture and values
- Opportunities for growth and learning
The way you conduct the recruitment process reflects how well your organization is performing. Be thorough in your search by doing the interviews appropriately and getting to know more about the person you’re going to hire. Follow all the essential elements mentioned in this article to come up with a well-planned and effective hiring process.
© New To HR
Anushkha Trivedi12/03/2019 at 20:00
AI for recruiting is an emerging category of HR technology designed to reduce time-consuming activities like manually screening resumes.Screening resumes efficiently still remains the biggest challenge in talent acquisition: 52% of talent acquisition leaders say the hardest part of recruitment is identifying the right candidates from a large applicant pool.