The Ultimate Startup Business Checklist
Starting a new business will always be the ultimate test of the wills. As you look to start your own empire it is important for you to consider the different aspects of what makes a business work. Anything from keeping your employees happy to saving money on procurement can have an impact on your venture and its success.
Today we want to talk about how you can start your own business and the steps you need to take to make your dream a reality. Whether it be an online empire or a franchising opportunity like https://www.chucksroadhouse.com/franchising/, we are here to help you get started and make your dreams comes true.
1. Research your Business Idea
Before you begin your business you need to ask yourself some of the following questions:
- Is the industry strong or sustainable?
- What’s my target audience?
- Is there a gap in the market?
- Who are the competition
2. Create a Business Plan
- All good things start with a list.
3. Choose a Business Name
- The name you choose should be catchy, easy to remember, and unique.
4. Choose a Legal Structure
5. Open A Business Bank Account
6. Fund it
There are many different ways to fund a small business:
- Personal savings
- Borrowing from loved ones
- business loans
- Credit cards
- Investors or Angel investors
- Government grants
7. Find a supplier and manufacturer
8. Rent an office
- Finding the right business premises might take some time but if you choose a trusted agent it will be much easier.
9. Company Logo
- The logo you choose will be synonymous with your brand from now on so make sure it counts.
10. Websites and Social Media
- Building an online presence is the key to a successful business so make sure that you open up a website and social media as soon as you can
11. Licences and Permits
12. Business Insurance
There are many different forms of insurance you can look to get:
- Employer’s Liability
- Public Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Indemnity
- Income Protection
- Buildings and Contents
- Business Interruption/Continuation
- Commercial vehicle
- Landlords Insurance
- Goods in Transit
13. Data Protection and Information Rights
14. Intellectual Property (IP) Protection
- This is vital when making sure that your business is firmly on the legal side of things. Whether you have a product or a business name, you need to ensure the IP is protected. There are guides on sites like PatentHacks.com to make sure you are armed with all the information you need.
15. Money Laundering Regulations
- The last thing you want is to face issues with money laundering within your business.
16. Business Addresses
17. Labelling and Packaging
- Things such as shipments, product deliveries and returns will be handled here and this can get very complex so make sure that a professional handles it.
19. Business Stationery
20. Employing staff
- This is the most important part of the list and the people you hire will be representative of your brand. Make sure you choose dedicated and trustworthy people who will carry your good name.
21. Marketing Plan
22. Tax and Accounting
Once you have completed everything on this list you’ll be ready to run your own successful business and make your way towards that all coveted financial freedom once and for all.
© New To HR