Top Tips For Providing A Clean And Safe Office Environment
It’s being said that the key to running a successful business is to have happy employees. Happy employees are more motivated, productive and are more likely to be loyal. This means that it should be an important area for you to focus on. By proving a clean and safe environment for your employees you are increasing the likelihood of their happiness while in the workplace.
Let’s have a look at some of the top tips for providing a clean and safe office environment:
Health And Safety
It’s important for every working environment to have some sort of health and safety protocol in place. You should be making sure that a regular check is being carried out in order to identify any issues, these issues then be solved in a short time frame. Make considerations with regards to areas such as:
- General Health and Safety- Using ladders, lifting heavy objects and reporting procedures.
- Fire Health and Safety – It’s advised that you have a fire drill at least once a month to make sure your employees know what to do in the situation. You will also need to have and train fire marshals who are able to take lead if there was every to be a real fire. All fire exits should be clearly marked.
- Health and Safety for Equipment– Depending on the equipment that is used, there may be different rules and regulations that need to be followed.
It is essential to keep your staffed trained when it comes to health and safety, you should also think about keeping it on record.
A big part of keeping employees happy in the workplace is by providing a clean, fresh and pleasant working environment. This includes spaces such as staff rooms, kitchens and toilet facilities. Some of the things you should be considering include:
- Toilet Facilities– It’s not just enough to provide facilities for your staff, you need to make sure you’re on top of keeping them clean and hygienic too. You could look at adding in things such as anti-bacterial hand wash, urinal screens and hand dryers to help with this. It could also be a good idea to hire a dedicated cleaner who looks after the facilities as part of their role.
- Kitchen– Ok, so you don’t need to provide a huge, luxury kitchen for your staff to use but it is advised that you provide them with the facilities to be able to make a drink and store their lunch. This means that you also need to keep these areas clean and hygienic. If you have decided to hire a cleaner they could look after this area, however, you could also ask your employees to help take care of this area by cleaning up after themselves.
- General Office Space– As with the bathroom and kitchen you need to make sure you’re providing your staff with a clean and fresh environment to work in. This mean s that considerations should be made with regards to areas such as hoovering, dusting and cleaning office equipment.
These are only a few of the ways you can provide a clean and safe office environment, do you have any others that you can share in the comments below?
© New To HR