3 Options You Can Consider If Your Employer Refuses To Compensate You by

3 Options You Can Consider If Your Employer Refuses To Compensate You

A Fair Day’s Pay for a Fair Day’s Work

You’ve been at work, you’ve clocked into your shift, and you’re working the agreed hours of your contract; maybe even a bit of overtime while you’re at it. However, it gets to payday, and you’ve been underpaid.

 Of course, you’re going to approach your boss to confront them and query about the money you’re owed, but what happens when your boss refuses? What options do you have available to help you acquire the money you’re entitled to?

 Today, we’re going to explore three options you have available to help you stay compensated with the money you deserve.

#1 – Go Up the Chain

Let’s say you’ve already confronted your manager and they’re refusing to pay the money you’re owned. The first thing you need to do is take your claim up to the chain of command. This could be to a higher-ranking manager, or even the head office is your work for a big corporation. 

Taking your claim higher, as well as providing evidence of your predicament, can sometimes be enough to get the company you work to pay up the money you’re owed. 

Fair Work and Pay#2 – Quit Your Job 

There’s absolutely no reason you should work for a company that’s not paying you. If you continue to work for them, there’s no guarantee that they’re going to pay you this money, and nobody should work for free. 

You may be afraid that the economy is bad, and a job is better than no job, but you need to work, and you need to get paid, that’s all there is at the end of the day. It’s better to invest eight hours a day into finding a job where you’ll get paid, rather than spending your time and energy on a business that’s paying you nothing. 

Remember, you’ve got bills to pay and a family and yourself to support. They should come first. Don’t be afraid of getting stuck into a job; there are plenty of other jobs and ways to make money out there. 

#3 – Get Legal Help 

If all else fails, you’ll need to seek legal help in order to acquire the money you’re owed. This means getting yourself a lawyer and attorney who can fight your case and get you the workers compensation you’re entitled to. 

While the idea of getting an attorney can be off-putting, especially when you consider the costs, it’s important to remember that if you win the case, your employer will need to cover your legal costs, so it won’t cost you a penny. 

Make sure you’re taking the time to find the best attorney for you that can help you win your case in order to maximize your chances for success. 


As you can see, there are plenty of things you can do if you’re in a position where your employer is refusing to pay you. At the end of the day, the best approach to take is to seek professional legal help, and they’ll be able to advise you on your personal situation.

© New To HR


No Comments

Post a Comment